Tuesday, July 5, 2022

FIVE THINGS I HAVE IN COMMON WITH PRES. FERDINAND "BONGBONG" MARCOS JR


FIVE THINGS I HAVE IN COMMON WITH
PRES. FERDINAND “BONGBONG” MARCOS JR

1. We are both half-Ilocano. PBBM’s father, the former Pres. Ferdinand E. Marcos, is from Ilocos Norte. My mother, on the other hand, is from Ilocos Sur.


2. We both love the Star Trek film and TV series. In a sense we are fellow trekkies! As a child Star Trek starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy was the first TV series that caught my attention. I still watch the re-runs on Netflix.


3. We have the same prayer call –“GOD, give me strength!” Whenever I’m feeling weak, down and troubled, I whisper this phrase. I’m sure PBBM does the same. It is written in Isaiah 40:31, “Those who trust in the LORD for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles...!”


4. We read multiple books at the same time. I get bored and sleepy reading one book, so I would lay 3 to 5 books on the table or in my bed and read them simultaneously. I knew from an old Julie Yap-Daza interview of PBBM’s wife, First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos, that PBBM also read at least 3 books at the same time. We also have a common favorite author and book – Ernest Hemingway and “For Whom the Bell Tolls.”



5. We both love to cook. From youtube videos, I learned he is fond of cooking. Me, on the other hand, loves to experiment in my cooking. Sinigang, the world’s top food dish, is our common denominator. It’s PBBM’s top favorite, and so am I. For me, there’s no dish better than sinigang na hipon (sour-stewed shrimps).



NOTE: Pagbigyan niyo na ako rito, birthday ko ngayon eh!

 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment